|Total Number of Engines Built||5|
|First Engine Built||1885|
|Last Engine Built||1885|
|First Engine Written Off||1922|
|Last Engine Written Off||1938|
Locomotive Engineer Horniblow had been advocating for sometime that heavy tank engines be obtained for the increasing goods and mineral traffic and for working on the Main Range to Toowoomba. His request was granted and in 1884 and Dubs & Coy were contracted to supply five engines. Three were retained at Ipswich and two sent north. Other than the C16 Baldwin Class they were the most powerful engines in service at that time. They earned the nickname “Donald Dinnies” after a then famous strong man. The engines were found to oscillate especially on bridges but this was overcome by adding 1400lbs of counter balance weights. Those in the Central Division were restricted from longer journeys by their small bunker and side tank capacity and a decision was reached in 1890 to fit them with B13 class tenders. All engines were reboilered in 1903. The tender engines survived until 1938.
In 1889 locomotives and rollingstock were consolidated into one rollingstock register. This resulted in most items, except those operating on the original Southern and Western Railway (from Ipswich ), being renumbered. Numbers shown are state (or former S & W) numbers. Those in brackets are former numbers of individual railways.
CR – Central Railway based on Rockhampton
Dubs – Dubs & Coy, Glasgow