English Electric 1600 Class
The 1600 class were introduced into service in 1962. They were built by English Electric Australia at their Rocklea Plant.
The 1600s were English Electrics first batch of branchline diesel-electrics to be used in Qld. They 1600s were all based at Alpha in the Central-West of the state.
All have now been withdrawn, with ¾ of the class scrapped. The other ¼ has been preserved by various preservation groups.