Clyde/GM 1450 Class
The 1450 class was introduced into service in 1957. They were equipped with Co-Co bogies, instead of the A1A-A1A bogies on the earlier 1400 class locomotives. The power plant remained the same with an EMD 12 cylinder 567C engine.
They spent most of their time on general freight duties around the state.
Only two members of the class remain preserved, 1450 and 1455. Both residing at the Ipswich Workshops.